Did anyone get this in the mail???

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by Csilver3, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Csilver3

Csilver3 Well-Known Member

IMG_6278.jpg

kp.taco likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

Yep I did

4. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

5. OP
    Csilver3

Csilver3 Well-Known Member

Does this mean we get the joints replaced free of charge? Is this some kind of recall?

6. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

As stated in the letter, if you have vibration you can go in for an inspection. If they determine that there is an issue, they will replace the whole shaft.

7. kp.taco

I just put all new u joints in mine. I don't think I'm gonna let Toyota touch it!

OR17TRD, Bogunn and whippersnapper02 like this.
  8. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Smart.

9. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

You might try to get your money back. If you have the documentation and receipts. Might not be worth the hassle if it didn’t cost much but something to think about.

Bogunn and kp.taco like this.
  10. kp.taco

You know that's a good idea.

OR17TRD likes this.
  11. Bob W

Bob W New Member

Toyota just replace my driveshaft and the vibration is still there and does not do it at all speeds. Feels like a bad rear shock. Also, when entering the highway my steering wheel shutters and then goes away after driving for several miles. Purchased used form the dealer a few months ago with only 68,000 on it. Have been just living with it since the dealer cant seem to fix the problem. Had the front end checked, tires balance, Alignment, new driveshaft. Tires were replaced just before I bought it.