Diesel swap??

Discussion in 'Toyota Pickup Forum' started by kevin2.7, Oct 21, 2016.

1. kevin2.7

kevin2.7 New Member

So my motor wrist pin is is nocking need a motor!!...
    So if Im going to get a new motor why not just go stupid and get a diesel what I always wanted any good advise on this one?? Please thanks

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. jhed

jhed Member

That would be an interesting conversion. Things that come to mind first would be weigh so don't forget upgrading your leaf springs and etc. A Cummins 3BT (like some mail trucks use) weighs 550 lbs I want to say, and the drive train. There is no way a stock setup would withstand the torque.

4. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

5. jhed

jhed Member

Right, you are correct Mistyping.

6. OreoCat

OreoCat Well-Known Member

They just came out with a 4bt replacement, saw it on a dirt everyday video. Look up the vid it was a diesel vs stock vs v8 jeep

7. Clark Gardner

Clark Gardner New Member

There is an outfit in Georgia called Shade Tree Mechanics that sells a set of plans (very general) on how to swap a tractor diesel into a truck. Great economy and dependability.

8. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

My buddy had a toyota diesel motor sent over from Australia. Put it in his 85 4Runner. He's been running that for 12 years of so now. He likes it.

Last edited: May 8, 2017