Dif fluids

cllowe

Have a 15 and my Toyota care pack just ran out on service. Plan on doing my on oil changes and was considering changing diff fluids to synthetic. Anyone see any gain with this as far as mpg?

Negligence on your part does not constitute a emergency on my part

I think I saw somewhere, the type of diff oil to use depends on what type of diff you have. The std, sport and off road have different diff locking systems

So now I have another question. Changed my oil and when I was straining it in to the gallon jug I noticed shiny shavings. I know there will be some but this concerned me. Should I be?

For what it's worth I am a bike mech and if this came out of my harley I would be very concerned. Not so sure about a truck but no metal can be good in a motor. ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1445705731.958083.jpg

So now I have another question. Changed my oil and when I was straining it in to the gallon jug I noticed shiny shavings. I know there will be some but this concerned me. Should I be?

For what it's worth I am a bike mech and if this came out of my harley I would be very concerned. Not so sure about a truck but no metal can be good in a motor. View attachment 7090

oooooh boy. Yoo go to Dealer Now! Youu no wait! Go now!

Well beman did exactly what I thought they would do, nothing!!!! The point man at the desk just stood there saying I don't know.... I asked for a tec to at least come look at what I had and was told that he didn't know if they had time to, but they had time to take my $27,000 check. After he made a note in his computer I made my way to the service bay. I did find a nice guy that was really helpful and the best advice I got was to bring my Tacoma in there for the next oil change and they will see if they find anything.

Write or Email TOYOTA in Terence CA. Main Office and then S.E. Regional Mgr and let him know you notified Terrance CA Office also, cant go thru stupid service Mgrs, go to the top and report to NHTSA if nothing happens in a few months and BBB, then a lawyer!

Back