Differential lock and ABS

dunecrazy

The other day I turned on the 4 H while in gear once on I put in 4 L while in neutral then when it engaged I turned on the rear differential lock once the light was on I pulled a tree about three inches in diameter. When I started I heard a small pop. After I heard that I noticed the ABS light on and was wondering if that was normal or if maybe I messed some thing up.

The ABS light shows when the locker is engaged. It may not have been engaged fully when you started and the pop was it engaging hard. Did you try turning it off and back on? Does it still work?

I've tried a few times and I got it to engage twice since then. The rest of the time the diff. lock indicator would blink. This is the first truck I've had with the diff lock

ABS light is normal as mentioned. Turn the wheel side to side while moving forward to get the diff to lock. The internal splines have to line up.

ABS light is normal as mentioned. Turn the wheel side to side while moving forward to get the diff to lock. The internal splines have to line up.

Yup, mine took forever to finally engage so I made a habit of just engaging it twice a month, now it'll engage from a virtual stand still. The more you use/energize it , the easier it'll engage, I'd encourage anyone with a locker to do the same, you don't have to drive it locked very far (maybe a football field for example) Just the act of engaging/dis-engaging will eliminate most of the "non locking diff" issues...

Back