Done with Tocamo

cbmikek

So after owning a Ford F-150 for 13 years I decided to move to a Tocamo 2016 for it's quality and value. What a mistake after 16 months 3 recalls I got rid of it last weekend. Bought a 4x4 F150 Lariat and love it. At least now I can haul a 8ft trailer without the transmission surging. Sorry guys I tried it but good luck with your Tacoma. Maybe in 2020 I will consider one but I doubt it Toyota quality has gone down hill as evident by the new Tacoma. Goodluck

I have no real complaints. I think it's sketchy the way Toyota is handling the rear differential recall but all auto manufacturers have recalls.
I've never really considered myself a "fanboy" but I've owned Mopar, Ford, Nissan, and Chevy. And out of all the makes and all the trucks Toyota is pound for pound more reliable and tougher.
I've had gen one, two, and three Tacoma's. All have been great.
Comparing a F150 or 1500 Dodge or Chevy to a Tacoma doesn't really add up because they are different classes of pickup. Compare the Tundra to them if you are looking at half ton trucks.
Compare the Frontier, Colorado, and past Rangers. On paper they may have similar specs but in the real world they don't hold a candle to durability and capability.

I drive a 1st gen taco with over 265,000 and she runs like a mother in laws mouth! I can tow an 8ft trailer if I have to, but don't really need to cause it's equipped with a bed. Like the other fellas are sayin comparing a taco (mid size) to an f150 (full size) isn't fair. An f150 is made for hauling gardening equipment and weekend trips to the flea market. Tacomas are meant for taking over the world! (Joking) but really though, I've never seen an f150 on the rubicon... just sayin.

All I see is people picking on Toyota because they are finally getting recalls but guess what sad to so but they are now being made in the USA so maybe that might have something to do with it and hey Chevy is recalling 800K Silverados but I guess we all are use to that from American made cars.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Taco Forum mobile app

My Taco would squat big time and live on the bump stops with just 500lbs on the bed. The TSB springs helped a tiny bit but I would still hit the stops.

I thought about buying a tundra instead of the F150 and I am not Toyota bashing but after driving this 4x4 lariat for the last 2 weeks I can't go back to a mid size truck or a Toyota. For what you get for the price and the ride it was worth to go back to the F150. I realize Toyota holds their value just based on what I got on it for a trade in, but is the bang worth the buck when you are constantly taking it back to the the dealer for issues. In my case no it wasn't. I have to move daughter back to college this weekend and you know I actually look forward to the 5 hour drive. I moved her back home at the beginning of summer and after hauling an 8ft open trailer with nothing in it I was so disappointed in the power and the constant surging of the transmission. I will check this site often to see how you all are doing with your Tacomas. Thanks for all the informative info I used from here good luck. Mike

I have no real complaints. I think it's sketchy the way Toyota is handling the rear differential recall but all auto manufacturers have recalls.
I've never really considered myself a "fanboy" but I've owned Mopar, Ford, Nissan, and Chevy. And out of all the makes and all the trucks Toyota is pound for pound more reliable and tougher.
I've had gen one, two, and three Tacoma's. All have been great.
Comparing a F150 or 1500 Dodge or Chevy to a Tacoma doesn't really add up because they are different classes of pickup. Compare the Tundra to them if you are looking at half ton trucks.
Compare the Frontier, Colorado, and past Rangers. On paper they may have similar specs but in the real world they don't hold a candle to durability and capability.
Hey concur not comparing a F150 to a mid size but look at the rating of the New Tacoma to other midsize trucks the Tacoma is ranked pretty low. I wished I would have waited for a year before I bought my 2016 because after reading the reviews if I would have stayed with a mid size I would have bought the Colorado that is for sure.

Hey concur not comparing a F150 to a mid size but look at the rating of the New Tacoma to other midsize trucks the Tacoma is ranked pretty low. I wished I would have waited for a year before I bought my 2016 because after reading the reviews if I would have stayed with a mid size I would have bought the Colorado that is for sure.

Each to their own. That’s why there’s so many truck brands. Lol.
Enjoy the F150.

Toyota-Total-Recall.jpg

Back