Ed the new guy

Mr Ed

Hello,
Just bought a Crew cab 4x4 with 75k miles. The previous owner always took it to the Dealership for a oil change and put the house oil in it. I would like to do my own oil change and can I switch it to full synthetic? If so what weight and kind? I live in Texas.

Hello,
Just bought a Crew cab 4x4 with 75k miles. The previous owner always took it to the Dealership for a oil change and put the house oil in it. I would like to do my own oil change and can I switch it to full synthetic? If so what weight and kind? I live in Texas.
Welcome! Yes you can run synthetic oil. I use mobile 1 synthetic 5w30 . In my 2009 4.0 with almost 120k miles. What year is your truck?

Hello,
Welcome to the Forum! If you plan on doing your own oil changes you can save yourself alot of mess and time by swapping in a Fumoto valve for the oil drain plug: https://amzn.to/2PxCWtI

Hey folks, hope everyone is having a Good Friday. On My 2014 CC TRD OFF ROAD, if my wife is driving it in the rain is the best choice for her not to spin out just putting it in H4?

I wouldn’t put it in 4H if not off-road or on snow. She should be able to drive it without spinning out in 2 wheel drive. Unless someone else has a different opinion, but my 4x4s did not do well on concrete when turning.

Hey folks, hope everyone is having a Good Friday. On My 2014 CC TRD OFF ROAD, if my wife is driving it in the rain is the best choice for her not to spin out just putting it in H4?

The best choice is to teach her what to do when it starts to tailspin and have her keep her speed in check. Don’t use H4 unnecessarily.

Back