Emissions issues

reb260opd

I recently had the check engine light illuminate at the same time the TRAC OFF light came on. I lost engine power. Had the code read and it indicated secondary air injection problem. Toyota has an issue with this listed on the tundra trucks. Federal government says emissions are covered for 96 months or 80000 miles. So riddle me this Batman. How can the air pump in this system be covered by Toyota but the equally expensive valve in this system not be covered. Anyone else have this issue with Toyota

I know in my previous vehicle the company was able to skirt around the warranty by designating between internal and external components. internal components where covered while external had a much shorter warranty coverage. Perhaps this may be the same issue. I am not really sure.

I think it is an issue that we should take up with Toyota. My injection pump and the valve were both found to be bad and it was a 2000 dollar repair at the local dealer. Service writer initially said it was covered. Later they discovered I had an optional extended warranty. Suddenly the parts and labor were not covered. The warranty I purchased turned out to be a good one and it covered the cost with me being out of pocket 200 dollar deductible. As usual I believe it to be a racket. Spoke with a Toyota rep and got the run around. I drive a 2012 4 door 4x4 TRD off road edition Tacoma.

I think it is an issue that we should take up with Toyota. My injection pump and the valve were both found to be bad and it was a 2000 dollar repair at the local dealer. Service writer initially said it was covered. Later they discovered I had an optional extended warranty. Suddenly the parts and labor were not covered. The warranty I purchased turned out to be a good one and it covered the cost with me being out of pocket 200 dollar deductible. As usual I believe it to be a racket. Spoke with a Toyota rep and got the run around. I drive a 2012 4 door 4x4 TRD off road edition Tacoma.
How many miles on your truck? I've got a '13 and will have to pass smog next year.

That all sounds frustrating. It's such BS they played it like that. Regardless of the additional warranty it seems like these parts should have been covered. They sure do like to pass the buck at every chance they can.

Back