Engine cleaning

I was planning to do a complete undercarriage and under the hood of my "new to me" 05 Double Cab Longbed 4x4.. Any item I need to stay clear of with 3200psi ???

No distributors on modern vehicles. I never had issues opening the hood and spraying away. If you use high pressure be smart about it. Don't get too close to anything.

Low pressure is no issue. Keep your distance with high pressure since water fan he forced past seals. Wash it like you would wash the body with high pressure. I never go into the engine bay with the high pressure nozzle.

If you're going to wash under your hood, you should cover the fuse box and any other electrical components. Make sure your engine is warm but not hot. Use your water hose and lightly spray your engine compartment. Spray your favorite degreaser all over the engine bay. Take a scrubbing brush and scrub away all over the place. When you're done scrubbing, rinse and spray some foam tire shine all over the engine compartment. Let it sit and shine.

DSCN2177.jpg

DSCN2183.jpg

DSCN2182.jpg

DSCN2181.jpg

DSCN2180.jpg

DSCN2187.jpg

DSCN2188.jpg

Haven't owned a vehicle in recent memory that had a distributor. Gotta think back to the very early 90's.
On an another note, I never bother cleaning an engine unless rebuilding it. I prefer not to create more trouble. Taco's are not meant to be trailer queens.

Heed what @tacojoel says.

I have a 43 yo motorcyle. Parts are rare. When they're found, its reproduction or aftermarket. If you find a NOS then prepare to offer an arm and both legs. Used stuff is generally in worse condition than what you're replacing.

Jay, you are well onto that path.

Been doing some searching for anyone reasonable that has a good, or rebuilt 1976 suzuki re5 rotary engine. Found a lead in australia, but imo, it's just not cost effective for this bike considering everything else it would need to restore it.

Back