Engine light , had it scanned at Autozone

Greg31

Hi ,
new member , I have a 2008 regular cab about 130,000 trouble free miles.
Engine light comes on , Autozone printout says " P0031 H02S heater control circuit low (bank 1 , sensor 1 ) .
They said it needs an 02 sensor , any suggestions ? can I replace this myself ?
is it a PITA to do ?

thanks , Greg 08 Tacoma

Bank1 is the side of the engie that has #1 cylinder on it. Sensor 1 is your forward sensor, forward of the front cat. converter, near the engine on the exhaust pipe. Easy to do yourself. 13/16 wrench or a special socket to remove the old sensor and screw in the new. I do mine when the engine is overnight cold or just barely warm.

Most if not all O2 sensors come with antisieze on the threads. If not, a Qtip and just a little on the threads. Get some on the sensor end and it kills the sensor early on in it's life. My son that "knows everything" found that out the hard way.

Here a quick question:
If you have one of the O2 sensors going bad... should you replace all of them?? Had this happen with my 02 Tundra. I replaced one, then the others started to go.
Yes.. go easy on the anti-seize.

I would say that would be up to the individual. My old f150 hard 200k miles on it when I traded it, still original o2 sensors. Had one of them failed at that point I probably would have replaced them all just due to age and mileage. If it had a lot less miles on it I might have played the one and done game.
Here a quick question:
If you have one of the O2 sensors going bad... should you replace all of them?? Had this happen with my 02 Tundra. I replaced one, then the others started to go.
Yes.. go easy on the anti-seize.

Back