Entune is garbage

I know this is an old thread, but the Entune is garbage. Why don't they just stick an iPad in the car/truck and be done with it, that would be perfect.
You can ask the iPad anything and it will give you a result, you ask the entune anything and it gives you the wrong answers. Make the iPad removable so you can take it with you and you can also answer telephone calls with the iPad.

The Entune is a POS!!

Members are saying something like "mine is working fine", yeah, mine is working fine as well but it's a WORTHLESS POS!

I know this is an old thread, but the Entune is garbage. Why don't they just stick an iPad in the car/truck and be done with it, that would be perfect.
You can ask the iPad anything and it will give you a result, you ask the entune anything and it gives you the wrong answers. Make the iPad removable so you can take it with you and you can also answer telephone calls with the iPad.

The Entune is a POS!!

Members are saying something like "mine is working fine", yeah, mine is working fine as well but it's a WORTHLESS POS!

Not sure an iPad is the answer, but the worth of Entune is zero unless you use their “preferred” apps and they say screw anything else. Can’t even remove what you don’t want. Just scroll thru music apps you don’t use or get crappy info from their paid partners. [emoji19]

OK maybe not the answer but it's in a more positive direction don't you think?

I guess I just wish I had Apple Car Play (2017). Don’t know what there is for Android.

More proprietary hardware that becomes outdated or obsolete isn’t the answer. Plus how long do you think a removable piece of technology would last? First drop? Loose it? Break in?

IDK what the answer is, but it certainly isn’t Entune.

I just like a basic stereo to play some music on. Sometimes satellite radio, sometimes the music loaded on my phone, which is what takes up 2/3 of the 64 gb of memory. Sometimes a rock station from Vancouver that has a repeater here in Kelowna. I don't text or answer my phone while driving. Take a passenger with you, and you now have a DJ. Take your dog with you, and he will entertain you all on his own. ;)

What we are witnessing is happening in many industries. Companies want to be innovative and are in a constant rush to add technology that is not well developed. They don’t want to pay licensing fees to add tech that was developed by other companies that have been doing that type of work for years, so they roll their own using legions of offshore programmers that mostly get things right. The result is Entune type systems that look promising but rarely deliver on those promises with any level of consistency of quality.

This is not just the auto industry doing this, it’s everyone. Most large corporations want to be seen as tech savvy but they try to do so without the huge capital investments needed to really do something well. When the do buy components off of other companies, often times those are also tossed together by programmers in India or elsewhere.

In today’s world, companies can foist crap tech on buyers and get away with not really having to ever get it right. Money spent today on refactoring wonky code could be better spent (in their eyes) on trying to develop something that will stand out.

Sorry for the long winded rant but I really get tired of dealing with half baked tech every day. The future should be technologies like CarPlay or Android Auto. Might happen some day. Fingers crossed.

88, want to see poor technology and programming, drive a tesla.
HUGE money, HUGE promises, and it simply doesn't work.
Their self driving system is the most pathetic thing that I have ever seen.

Plus how long do you think a removable piece of technology would last? First drop? Loose it? Break in?
I hear ya

More proprietary hardware that becomes outdated or obsolete isn’t the answer.

Software runs hardware, hardware runs software.

Android would be good as well, I'm not stuck on Apple. I'd even go with Window's just something up-to-date.

I'm not too keen on putting in new aftermarket radio's, I like sticking with the factory stuff, doing so eliminates squeaks and other problem.

Never used the XM in my 18 off road.
I've used XM radio in the Taco....they then sent me a renewal bill for $286.....called them and told them to cancel. They back-pedaled and brought a supervisor on the phone. Offered me quite a few good deals but told them they shoulda done that in the first place instead of trying to screw me. Dropped 'em....cancel! I still get offers in the mail. The most recent was $5/month for 12 months and free activation. Nope!......not doing it.....screw me once but they're not gettin' a 2nd chance. They could offer a free 1yr subscription and I'd still say no.

I don't listen to the radio enough to warrant XM, and I have heard horror stories like yours from others with XM. Ran into a similar situation as yours with Verizon Fios (internet/TV/phone provider). Sign up for the whole package and get a $500 Visa gift card within 3 months.

Four months passes and no gift card. Send 3 emails to Verizon about the gift card, no answers. Now it's six months. Call Verizon and am told that the discount that I was given on my package took the place of my gift card. Told them that their paperwork said nothing about package discounts taking the place of gift cards. Was told 'well, that's the way it is'.

Went on the Verizon website and logged into my account and left a VERY detailed account of how dissatisfied I was with the bait and switch that Verizon was pulling with their gift card program. For that I received a nasty email from Verizon accusing me of slander. It's only slander if what is being said is a lie.

So....I file with the Better Business Bureau and six weeks later I have a $500 gift card from Verizon. Most big business in that area (cell phone, television, internet, etc) are all moey whores. They promise you everything and give you nothing.

Coming from a 2000 Jeep TJ with a Pioneer CD player....I love the basic Entune my 18 SR5 has!

I even have air conditioning now and push a button and my windows go up and down automatically.

J01-XL.jpg

Coming from a 2000 Jeep TJ with a Pioneer CD player....I love the basic Entune my 18 SR5 has!

I even have air conditioning now and push a button and my windows go up and down automatically.
Man, you're high classing it

Back