Entune voice command.

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Callaway TRD, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Callaway TRD

Callaway TRD Member

Does anyone else have any issues with voice command? I did the voice training but it seems that my commands are always inncorrect or the call goes to the wrong person. Love my TRD Sport, just a few little quirks with the voice command.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I’ve noticed it too. It seems like it works better speaking louder and slower.

4. OP
    Callaway TRD

Callaway TRD Member

5. OP
    Callaway TRD

Callaway TRD Member

Thanks Bogunn for the welcome and thanks for the reply. I will give that a try.

Bogunn likes this.
  6. pskuhlm

pskuhlm Active Member

I’ve determined that it just won’t understand me... so I don’t even try any more on my 2015 DCSB TRD Offroad

7. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

If it’s not understanding something after a couple of tries I usually just use the option with Siri.

pskuhlm likes this.
  8. dt1524

dt1524 Member

Toyota has the WORST voice control system. I have a 17 TRD OR, my wife has a 16 RAV... Neither works. It's just the worst.

Bogunn likes this.
  9. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Have you done the voice training? It’ll usually help with it understanding.
    Also, as dumb as it sounds, if you speak louder and towards the speaker it does a lot better.
    I’m from West Virginia, it’ll usually even pick up my accent if I’m patient with it. Lol.

10. dt1524

dt1524 Member

Yup, did and redid the "voice training"... The fact is it's a joke. It's not intuitive at all. My wife has a 16 RAV and is just as bad for her.... No accent issues, volume doesn't make a difference....

Bogunn likes this.
  11. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

It’s definitely not the best system with recognition.
    I end up using Siri through the voice command usually if it gives me trouble.

12. dt1524

dt1524 Member

Unfortunately I use a Samsung, and can't activate Google assistant through the steering wheel buttons.... Really aggravating to have all this tech that doesn't work

13. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

For sure

14. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Get Siri :D

Bogunn likes this.