Exhaust

jac0899

Looking for around 500$ exhaust for a double cab long bed sport 4.0, 2014. Want it too be loud, effective, and worth it. PLS help

I have a Flowmaster Super 10 with a turndown tip on my DCSB and it sounds pretty sick. A little raspy and a bit much cab noise at certain ranges, especially anything over 65, but I only spent $100 on it. Tunnels are where I really let loose... And everywhere else!!ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1430321387.480109.jpg

I think the flowmaster American thunder series has a kit for the long bed...but if you don't it hard to get a bolt on for the long bed, I'd just go to a reputable muffler shop.

In my opinion, flowmasters are raspy and kinda harsh, not what I was looking for. I have a borla pro series single in and dual out and had a muffler shop install it. The borla is modest but has deep bassy tones, aggressive at 2500 to 3000 rpms. No drone at idle or cruising.

If you remove your entire exhaust system at the flange, you'll have nothing to muffle the exhaust output and it'll come out right under the passenger floorboard. I'd say it'll be fairly loud and annoying...
Shouldn't take more than 10-20 minutes to find out. Just place some cardboard or something similar below the entire exhaust system (to prevent damage to your parts).
Loosen the flange bolts that connect the exhaust system to the catalytic converters on the passenger side.
Disconnect the black rubber hangers that support the exhaust system (you should have 4 or 5) and gently let it rest on your axle.
Remove the flange bolts that you've already loosened and gently set the exhaust on the (cardboard).
Remove any remaining loose parts from the flange area of the exhaust system AND the catalytic converters and place in a safe area.
You should now be able to remove the exhaust system from your truck, being careful with the tailpipe end above your axle.
Remove any remaining rubber hangers that are attached to your truck and reattach them to the exhaust system (to prevent losing any).
You are now ready to drive around town and test the sounds of your accomplishment. Try a few hills if you can (giving you some of the deeper tones) and stomp that pedal on the freeway once or twice to get the louder tones.
Be safe and enjoy!!

Thanks, I think what the shop was wanting to do is put a pipe where the muffler used to be, funneling the exhaust tip and pipe to exactly where it used to be, hopefully that'll help

I'm sure that'll sound better than without any exhaust pipe at all. Let us know how it goes...

Last edited:
When u say drone what do u mean like is it annoying or too loud?
Yes. The drone would be a constant hum or vibration from the lack of restriction of a muffler, straight pipe is notorious for having a loud drone at cruising speeds.

...but some people like the ringing in their ears after a long drive.

I don't mind it, my other car is a Nissan with complete straight pipes without catalytics or mufflers and that **** roars

Last edited:
I've got a glass pack on my 4.0 dcsb and my pipe has a turn down just where the bed starts. I CAN'T stand my glass pack anymore. I'm about to cut it off and just straight pipe it. Or put a thrush mad hot on it

I have Pro-comp exhaust and I love it!!! This will cost over $500... I would save my money and do it right the first time.

Sent from my iPhone,
Tacoma06

Back