Exhaust

Does anyone know which exhaust sounds the best on 2018 sport 3.5 v6
@Bojangles has exhaust advice. lol

Go to a shop, tell em what u want in sound and that u want to try 3 or 4 different MUFFLERS. Have them cut off your stock muffler and then clamp 1 muffler at a time to ur existing pipes. Ask them to NOT tell u what muffler is clamped on. Then start the truck, throw a rev, listen to it. Repeat for each muffler. Tell them which you preferred.

Use your ears to choose the MUFFLER…not mine, not jimbos, not your eyes, not hype, not the rockstar/monster crew… your ears…. You’re the 1 who will be driving the truck everyday. Have them tell ya the muffler brand after its welded on.

No need for larger pipes unless force fed, so why waste money on a catback?
Or if the catback is the same size as stock…why in the world would you waste the money unless the stock tubing is rusted out?

Remember exhaust sound is subjective, other than decibels.

Go to a shop, tell em what u want in sound and that u want to try 3 or 4 different MUFFLERS. Have them cut off your stock muffler and then clamp 1 muffler at a time to ur existing pipes. Ask them to NOT tell u what muffler is clamped on. Then start the truck, throw a rev, listen to it. Repeat for each muffler. Tell them which you preferred.

Use your ears to choose the MUFFLER…not mine, not jimbos, not your eyes, not hype, not the rockstar/monster crew… your ears…. You’re the 1 who will be driving the truck everyday. Have them tell ya the muffler brand after its welded on.

No need for larger pipes unless force fed, so why waste money on a catback?
Or if the catback is the same size as stock…why in the world would you waste the money unless the stock tubing is rusted out?

Remember exhaust sound is subjective, other than decibels.
+1 eat paste

I've got the Borla catback and really like it, would do it again. Sound is just a little louder than stock but flows so much better. If you just cut you're stock muffler off and replace with a generic muffler you loose 3 of you're suspension points unless they modify so they can be kept.

Louder doesnt make it better. Tuned to your engine does. Borla, Flowmaster come to mind. Stock is a good option...cheapest option IMO
No, louder don't make better. I was looking for better flow without overdoing it, was willing to accept a little louder for the better flow but that was it. I read reviews and listened to sound clips for months before I finally settled on Borla.

Back