Exhaust

ebaja

Just added new tires and rims to my 2012 tacoma. Next upgrade is an exhaust. What are yall running?

I wish Borla or TRD made a dual exhaust,strait back out,just like on the RAM series TRucks out there now!!I want a Dual Exhast,cat back! For my 2013 Tacoma Pre Runner sr5!!!!Not to many out there,and anyone know if it would increase horsepower,gas milage,power,and etc,like on old muscle cars I had in the 70s???OR,would it affect all and make it run shiity cause of no lack of restriction for back preesure??? Please advise ,only Mechanics and techs,Toyota Techs Mainly!

I wish Borla or TRD made a dual exhaust,strait back out,just like on the RAM series TRucks out there now!!I want a Dual Exhast,cat back! For my 2013 Tacoma Pre Runner sr5!!!!Not to many out there,and anyone know if it would increase horsepower,gas milage,power,and etc,like on old muscle cars I had in the 70s???OR,would it affect all and make it run shiity cause of no lack of restriction for back preesure??? Please advise ,only Mechanics and techs,Toyota Techs Mainly!

Well I'm no Toyota tech, but for a true dual exhaust you can't just buy a cat back. If you look under your truck all cat backs start at the Y pipe, meaning that there is just one pipe. So for a true dual you would have to do some custom work. As for the back pressure issue, I don't even have a muffler on my truck right now and I don't really think I lost any power, Tacomas have 4 cats so I think that gives plenty of back pressure for the engine to run. Some one correct me if I'm wrong

As for the performance no muffler or cat back is really guna do that much. Maybe a couple horsepower but nothing you could really notice

Im running a dual borla setup. It's not true duals, just a single borla muffler with custom bent pipe done at a muffler shop. It's exactly what I'm looking for in sound, not too loud. As long as you're running the standard size pipe you shouldn't lose too much backpressure to cause power loss. I wouldn't run anything bigger than 3in pipe though.

I have seen some nice youtube vids with the dual MBRP. If you do go that route, do some digging to see if other Tacoma owners have had alignment issues with the pipes. Sometimes the bolt on kits may not always line up perfectly (off center or crooked) ...I'm a little ocd when it comes to these kind of things. If you can afford to burn the extra cash, have a (reputable) muffler shop custom bend a dual exhaust to make it how you want it to look.

Back