Extra Tie Downs

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by TacoJoe11, May 11, 2014.

1. TacoJoe11

TacoJoe11 Well-Known Member

Has anybody installed extra D-rings in the composite bed, or extra anchor points? I installed a tonneau cover recently and I can't use my tie down cleats on the rail system, so that leaves me with only the two D-rings near the tailgate. I would like to add two more anchor points near the cab so I have more options when strapping down a load. Is this a pretty easy install or would it be best to go to the dealer?

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

4. Dodge D-rings through the Bed mounting bolts is the way to go.

Jesse

5. parts@toyota

parts@toyota Active Member

They are easy to install. Depending on your dealer you can ask if they will print you installation instructions. I do for my customers