Factory Radio

2009ToyTaco

Hello everyone,
I have a 2009 Tacoma and my factory radio has just started acting up, power cutting on and off. Has anyone else had this issue and if so other than replacing the radio is there anyway to correct/fix it?
I had heard this was an issue with 2009 Tacomas but can't find any articles relating to it.
Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Dan

I've seen this before in other trucks. The dealer just tosses in a new one if it's in warranty. You can probably find one on ebay if you just want another OEM radio.

Yep 2009 and 10s we're bad. I removed mine in my 09 and installed an after market . It was working fine but I hated it... Per service records mine was replaced twice under warranty..

Yep 2009 and 10s we're bad. I removed mine in my 09 and installed an after market . It was working fine but I hated it... Per service records mine was replaced twice under warranty..

Wow that’s bad in a truck under 10 years old.

Wow that’s bad in a truck under 10 years old.
Dude 2009/2010s were going nutz in a couple years... radio displays showing oddball characters, playing random tracks, blank displays, and then random on/off moments.
They were in dire need of cpz

Hello everyone,
I have a 2009 Tacoma and my factory radio has just started acting up, power cutting on and off. Has anyone else had this issue and if so other than replacing the radio is there anyway to correct/fix it?
I had heard this was an issue with 2009 Tacomas but can't find any articles relating to it.
Your input will be greatly appreciated.

Dan

When its cold my radio is "possessed". It goes crazy... off and on... volume won't cooperate. Just nuts... time to up grade...

Back