Faded Hella Projectors

Bearchell

Not really Tacoma specific, but I have a question for you guys none the less.

I'm new to the off-road light world and picked up a cheap set of old Hella lights. Now, they're not the brightest, (I think I measured like 65 watts each?) and the projector or whatever you want to call it is faded. It looks like someone sprayed it with maroon coloured primer on the bottom. Also, the mounting brackets they had with them are ****.

I want to mount them behind my grille and then consider upgrading if I find that I'm using them lots. My questions are:

Is there a way to fix this faded or messed up reflector/ is it worth it.

And, is it worth putting some HID bulbs in there (if I can fix the reflector).

They still work fine and it's only maybe the bottom quarter of the reflector that's funky. Like I said, the mounts that are with them are **** so I need to properly mount them so I can use them a bit but in preparation for all that I thought I'd get some input.

I can get some photos of the weird reflector if it helps. Couldn't seem to find any threads on TW about anything like this.

Any input appreciated guys:)

2006 TRD OR AC Tacoma

PS, I have HID headlights and they are bright, just very directional. I was thinking these would throw a much wider spread of light if I converted the bulbs.

2006 TRD OR AC Tacoma

Back