First one

This is my first toyota. 2008 tacoma anything I should keep an eye on ? Has 77k miles. Traded in my 2008 gmc 3500 hd with 170 k on it Tha ks for any info on it. View attachment 20283

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new Taco.
If the maintenance has been kept up and the carfax is clean just look for normal maintenance and wear and tear issues. These are pretty stout trucks without a lot of issues.

If I remember correctly, around 80-85,000 is when I changed the driver's front hub bearing on my 2010. From what I remember reading at the time, it seemed to be a fairly common mileage for them to start making noise. Just something to be on the look out for... it would be obvious in a long left hand curve at around 50-55mph.

If I remember correctly, around 80-85,000 is when I changed the driver's front hub bearing on my 2010. From what I remember reading at the time, it seemed to be a fairly common mileage for them to start making noise. Just something to be on the look out for... it would be obvious in a long left hand curve at around 50-55mph.
I did my left front hub at 95k I think. Passenger side is still hanging on but I expect it to start growling anytime.. Lol

Yeah, I noticed that there are a lot of options now for the assembly. I just bought the bearing itself when I did mine, roughly 5 years ago. Was a lot cheaper and more available at the time.
Yes it's much cheaper and that's the way to go if you can press the bearing .. But I did it the easy way. Lol

Back