First Taco! Excited for what it will bring

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by brywebb11, Jul 7, 2018.

1. brywebb11

brywebb11 New Member

Just got my first ever taco! It’s a white TRD off road in access cab. Coming from a GMC 1500 it’s pretty small but feels a lot more capable. I’m kinda broke though so upgraded and what nots are on the horizon but will most likely come slowly. Had to buy some tacos to celebrate. IMG_6354.jpg

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Lil G

Lil G Well-Known Member

Welcome. Upgrades are out of the question for me also. I stay on the forum just to stay updated on what everyone else is doing.

4. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on the new truck

5. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the OffRoad!

6. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Congrats on your diet of tacos. There are lots of cheap mods that make it look better. Faux pro grille $125, take the badging off or plasti dip all the chrome, @Bogunn found some side steps for cheap like $150 or so. Windows tinted usually $80-100, bed mat if you don’t have one $110 ish
    Welcome to the forum.

brywebb11 and Bogunn like this.
  7. OP
    brywebb11

brywebb11 New Member

So far I feel the front end looks good, the grill looks good. I just need to make the side angle look better so it looks less like a pool boy truck. TRD wheels might be my first purchase but we’ll see. Give me a few months of everything OEM to really see what I want.

Bogunn likes this.
  8. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

If u have a trd offroad.... u have trd rims?

Seeing how ur new to tacomas, dont get hung up on the silly "trd" labeled crap.

Intakes, exhaust, suspension, radiator caps, filters, etc.

"TRD" makes contracts.
    Manufacturers bid for these contracts.
    Toyota has the manufacturers etch, paint, sticker, emboss "trd" on said parts.
    Toyota then jacks up the price.

Many MANY "trd" parts are on a shelf without the trd label and without the price hike.

Prime examples ive dealt with or seen 1st hand....

Exhaust... 1st and 2nd gen "trd" exhausts are just borla and bosal exhausts.

2nd gen "trd" intakes have been made by afe, and k&n/aem.

"Trd" oil filters i think are k&n

"Trd" coolant pump for supercharger (2nd gen), was around $400.
    Same exact part from bosch...$120

"Trd baja and pro" coils are eibach

Crawdad likes this.
  9. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

Congrats and welcome! You're new Tacoma should bring you many smiles and fun memories. They are very capable off road in stock form. There's lots of information behind that search function up there when you get ready.

10. Tacomaholic

Tacomaholic Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum!