Flow master 40 series

Thinking about putting a Flowmaster 40 series muffler on my 2002 2.7L Taco. Anybody done this on a similar truck? Does it sound good? Hard installation? Pics welcomed.

Borla, Magnaflow and Areo Turbine are good. It all really depends on your taste. I can't stand the sound of a Flowmaster on anything but some people like it. You might too but the restriction is a fact.

The chambers that are inside the flowmaster muffler are arranged in such a way that can restrict the flow of exhaust. Same thing can happen with similar designs. Magnaflows and Borlas use a fiberglass packing like a glasspack I do believe, so they have a better flow.

I've YouTubed some videos of Flowmasters on 2.7s. I'll try to find some of these others to see what they sound like. I was just considering Flowmaster cause that was the cheapest one I've found online

It's a good system...I have a 40 on my 2.7 and its definetly a good throaty sound...$380 for duel turn outs

Hey guys I blew my motor 2.7 2001 tacoma prerunner. Anyone know where I can get a good priced replacement. Should I put a used one or rebuild?

Hey guys I blew my motor 2.7 2001 tacoma prerunner. Anyone know where I can get a good priced replacement. Should I put a used one or rebuild?

If you are mechanically inclined I would do it yourself. Or if you have a local shop you trust. As for rebuild or replacement. That depends how much you can afford. LCEngineering.com is a good site to check out for rebuild kits. Or check out your local junk yard for a used one. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Taco Forum mobile app

Thinking about putting a Flowmaster 40 series muffler on my 2002 2.7L Taco. Anybody done this on a similar truck? Does it sound good? Hard installation? Pics welcomed.

I'm a big fan of the Gibson super single I have on my 2.7 Tacoma. It isn't really loud but at the same time you know it's there. It has provided great fuel economy too.

Back