Fluid Film

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by ClutchCargo, Oct 24, 2018.

1. ClutchCargo

ClutchCargo Member

You guys in the northeast. Do you recommend an undercoating like Fluid Film? I ran my last car for 16 years but the salt and rust did it in, making it nearly impossible to do any work on it towards the end of its life.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Crawdad

Crawdad Well-Known Member

I've read of people coating the underside with AT fluid, never done it myself. I'd imagine it's messy either way. They use cinders instead of salt where I live.

4. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

I get rocks. They put down gravel where I’m at. The last couple vehicles I’ve had I get the 3M clear bra to help. At least we don’t have to worry about salt and rust as much.

Bogunn and Crawdad like this.
  5. John P. Ferry

John P. Ferry Member

I'm getting my tacoma fluid filmed next week, They'll wash it Monday and fluid film it and put some new nerf bars on it. It's a private shop but the owner worked for dealerships for years. He charges $120 and you need to do it every year. He swears buy it and so does his mechanic. He bought a truck from Florida and has had it here for ten years and fluid film coated it yearly and there's no rust at all. I like this mechanic as he does state inspections for free if you've got a Toyota!

Crawdad, Bogunn and OR17TRD like this.
  6. OR17TRD

TO the love YOTA.! TM < owned

7. OP
    ClutchCargo

ClutchCargo Member

$120 is a good price, your mechanic wouldn't be in Massachusetts would he?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  8. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

That’s pretty reasonable.
    I just wash mine every week or two during winter. I guess I should fluid film it.

kp.taco likes this.
  9. kp.taco

kp.taco Well-Known Member

I've used it once. Everything sticks to it and it washes off to easy. I'll just use the carwash now every week or so.

B-Man and Bogunn like this.
  10. Scuzzy

Scuzzy Well-Known Member

I do ATF every dune trip. Same thing. I would pay someone $120 to do it as it is messy and time consuming. I am unfamiliar with this product but if it works 1/2 as good as the ATF does, money well spent.

11. Vt12rob

Vt12rob New Member

I had mine fluid film coated a couple weeks ago. The shop charged me $108 with a discount so $120 seems to be a decent and average rate. Definitely worth the price given the salt and brine the state uses on the roads just eating away the frames and body.

OR17TRD likes this.
  12. OR17TRD

Thanks for the info. Welcome to the forum.

13. Vt12rob

Vt12rob New Member

Thanks!

OR17TRD likes this.