Fluid Film

You guys in the northeast. Do you recommend an undercoating like Fluid Film? I ran my last car for 16 years but the salt and rust did it in, making it nearly impossible to do any work on it towards the end of its life.

Last edited:
You guys in the northeast. Do you recommend an undercoating like Fluid Film? I ran my last car for 16 years but the salt and rust did it in, mading it nearly impossible to do any work on towards the end of its life.
I've read of people coating the underside with AT fluid, never done it myself. I'd imagine it's messy either way. They use cinders instead of salt where I live.

I've read of people coating the underside with AT fluid, never done it myself. I'd imagine it's messy either way. They use cinders instead of salt where I live.
I get rocks. They put down gravel where I’m at. The last couple vehicles I’ve had I get the 3M clear bra to help. At least we don’t have to worry about salt and rust as much.

I'm getting my tacoma fluid filmed next week, They'll wash it Monday and fluid film it and put some new nerf bars on it. It's a private shop but the owner worked for dealerships for years. He charges $120 and you need to do it every year. He swears buy it and so does his mechanic. He bought a truck from Florida and has had it here for ten years and fluid film coated it yearly and there's no rust at all. I like this mechanic as he does state inspections for free if you've got a Toyota!

I'm getting my tacoma fluid filmed next week, They'll wash it Monday and fluid film it and put some new nerf bars on it. It's a private shop but the owner worked for dealerships for years. He charges $120 and you need to do it every year. He swears buy it and so does his mechanic. He bought a truck from Florida and has had it here for ten years and fluid film coated it yearly and there's no rust at all. I like this mechanic as he does state inspections for free if you've got a Toyota!
TO the love YOTA.! TM < owned

That’s pretty reasonable.
I just wash mine every week or two during winter. I guess I should fluid film it.

I do ATF every dune trip. Same thing. I would pay someone $120 to do it as it is messy and time consuming. I am unfamiliar with this product but if it works 1/2 as good as the ATF does, money well spent.

I had mine fluid film coated a couple weeks ago. The shop charged me $108 with a discount so $120 seems to be a decent and average rate. Definitely worth the price given the salt and brine the state uses on the roads just eating away the frames and body.

I had mine fluid film coated a couple weeks ago. The shop charged me $108 with a discount so $120 seems to be a decent and average rate. Definitely worth the price given the salt and brine the state uses on the roads just eating away the frames and body.
Thanks for the info. Welcome to the forum.

Back