? forced AT shift from D to 3 at 60 to ~70 mph

@tacojoel. He talks and mixes so many topics in a thread its hard to follow what trans he is grumping about.

@JayQQ97 Yes I have a Gem2 FSM. Although, you still need to see a transmission shop.
Thats just it, so many different threads with all the same pics, and videos, that it feels like ground hog day every time I visit this forum. No other forum can you go on that has this happen.

The transmission shop told I a year ago that my 97 manual transmission was working well as it ought, no issues found
And yet I heard friggin noises that they did not :confused:
Yeah, well.... don't take the word of every hack you seem to find. Trust your instincts...after all, you live and breath in that truck.

Thats just it, so many different threads with all the same pics, and videos, that it feels like ground hog day every time I visit this forum. No other forum can you go on that has this happen.
i am so very sorry about being such a mindless clusterF!uck !!
that is just how i roll..

Yeah, well.... don't take the word of every hack you seem to find. Trust your instincts...after all, you live and breath in that truck.

i have the right mind to take that old pilot bearing into that shop for some show + tell

instincts i had at time was NO friggin' clue whut in the hale was going on !!! it shifted just fine, no grind no lock no slipp ... just an obscure noise at certain RPMs in certain climates

Thats what my wife always claimed when something wasn't right with her vehicle.
As far as trying to show up the other shop what was causing that issue....just let it go, and not got back there. Chalk it up to a lesson learned, and move on.

they need to be educated so they will not do this similar to someone else that may or may not come along on another day another time

Well, if the shop is that bad, places like that don't remain in business very long....was this a new business you brought your truck to, or had they been around several years? Chances if they have been, it may be just a simple case they missed that one....nobody is perfect.

Find another pursuit to consume your time. I seriously doubt if your "instruction" will surpass any training, experience or knowledge those folks have.

Good Luck if you decide to educate the shop. Suggest to make a video of the encounter. I think we'd all like to see the training you provide.

I just choked on my hot chocolate reading that one.....lol
Find another pursuit to consume your time. I seriously doubt if your "instruction" will surpass any training, experience or knowledge those folks have.

Good Luck if you decide to educate the shop. Suggest to make a video of the encounter. I think we'd all like to see the training you provide.

They were not able to replicate the noises I was hearing
I explained to them what noise sound and when it was happening at a certain resonant rpm frequency

If these overpaid chumps are trained educated and very well-versed with major experiences in the operations of a manual transmission I would think they would have pointed to the pilot bearing as the most probable possible explanation on the vibration at only a certain frequency on the crank and only at this frequency

This is where my study on this particular issue is leading I
For whatever it is worth 2 U

It may have been too late for the pilot bearing at the point
I really do not know, it is still under study
:)

I have said before and I'll say again.

If the symptom cannot be replicated when the mechanic has the vehicle, then they can not diagnose the issue.

Sure, go educate the mechanic who looked at your truck. I'm sure he'll be receptive to your teachings.

I would think that ONLY certain things vibrate at certain RPM resonant frequencies, but I don't really know lol

When I had spoken with another local shop about the first vibration experienced between 4 to 5 years ago after it had broken into that moving fan blade he explained it perfectly why the weird chatter went away when the clutch pedal was disengaged or engaged
And he was a not a Toyota expertly trained which diagnosed that as the throw out release bearing
SMH

Any respectable toyota service shop should be able to tell you if your auto is functioning properly in that vehicle.

its all just one big clusterFck

Ya know......there is a common denominator in all these troubles............... Maybe its not the multitude of mechanics at multiple shops.

Back