Frame recall

All i can say is wow, Toyota is actually stepping up and covering these issues, but providing a loaner to use! Just try and get Ford GM or Chrysler to be that accommodating. My Truck, an 05 Tacoma with 145k miles is going in soon for the headlight recall. I'm totally impressed that a 10 year old truck with 145k is still being considered for such a recall. Kuddos to Toyota!

Headlight recall is a complete replacement of the complete headlight unit (Both sides) due to the daytime running lights overheating and having burn marks and in my case, cracks due to the overheating.. I received a notice in the mail a few weeks ago and almost didn't open it. When I did, I tossed it in the truck figuring the next time i was near the local Toyota dealer, I would stop in and ask about it. They were really nice about the issue, went over and took a quick look at my truck and stated mine will be replaced. He went inside and wrote a parts department order for the new and improved light assembly and said i would get called to make an appointment once they arrived! I was somewhat shocked to say the least as mine is a 10 year old 2005 with over 140k miles. Way to go Toyota! I'm going to have them check my frame when I take it back in for the headlight replacement. Im finding this amazing! I "was" going to sell mine as soon as the new body style comes out, but now, I may just keep it for a few more years.. After all, with just over 140k, it's just now getting broke in. It's a Toyota!

That's good. Toyota is awesome when it comes to recalls lately. My tacoma got a new frame ect. with the recall. I almost sold my tacoma just before that, glad I kept it!

Back