Frame replacement: labor costs for extras

reg cab

I've read many, many, threads about the frame replacement. I have a few specific questions i haven't seen addressed in much detail. My 2004 reg cab tacoma 4x4 is currently at the dealer waiting for the new frame to arrive. I've read the lists of what's covered by toyota. My question to those of you who have had your frame replaced by the dealer is as follows:

1. When the Toyota dealer found worn parts upon your truck being disassembled, were you able to physically view your truck in the shop as the tech pointed out the problems he'd found, or were you just handed a checklist or told over the phone?

2. When it was recommended that worn parts they'd found be replaced while they had your truck apart, what parts did YOU have replaced and at what labor rate? Did you find the costs reasonable, or did they claim no charge for labor then charge so much for the toyota oem parts that it made up the difference for them?

I have pretty good mechanical knowledge because my other two trucks are 1990's chevrolets and they force you to either learn to be a mechanic or accept being a pedestrian. Just wondered what specific extra parts you had done to your tacoma and at what cost during your frame replacement. Thanks.

Back