Front bumpers

skullztrucker

Ok folks. I'm looking for a new front bumper for my 13 double cab. I've narrowed it to two. The body armor bumper or the apex bumper. Pros, cons,pics please

Body Armor brand products are crap. People have had major issues with fitment and durability. I just think their bumper looks terrible but if you like it you like it. Personally I would go All Pro with your choices. You can always flip a coin if you can't decide.

Fitment I am worried about. Durability as it comes to lasting, not so much. I'm going to rhino line it. But I was more worried about strength of the materials

I kinda like the look their side rock things but they offer no protection. If you search TW with their name you will see the word junk used often.

Jesus! what a pissing contest on tw about that bumper. But it seems most everyone was disappointed. Guess I'll research the apex more

Well people say that All Pro is junk too but I have never seen their stuff fail unless under extreme circumstances. I have only had my AP sliders for a few months and I have not "used" them yet but these things are beef.

Most of the ap on tw is with the actual manufacturers. Not to many reviews. But i originally wanted the ap one. I'm just worried my stock skid plate won't go back on. No real big deal. Everyone is bound to have a few bad reviews.

Check out relentless fabrication if you haven't already, or palfrey built off-road they have some nice stuff

I have the body armor front and rear bumpers. They were on when I bought the truck but fitment looks good and I haven't had any issues with them.

If you actually use them you will probably have isssues. From what I have read there is no strength in them. By use them I mean scrape the front on a boulder and/or hang the rear up on something. That's not something all of us do. I know I dont.

Also how do you know there wasn't any fitment issues since they were already on the truck?

Last edited:
With fitment, I mean the lines between the bumpers and body look good and it's secure. This is my first tacoma but I've mounted/used many aftermarket bumpers on jeeps. While an issue could happen, I'm not too worried about it from what I can see.

Sorry it's pelfreybilt.com I don't have a relentless bumper right now but currently trying to save up for the aluminum front

Back