Front deflector thingy

You might be able to make up the 5% just by the way you driver her. However, that may not be as practical since these trucks like rpm’s.
Thanks for the response. Agreed, you’d have to be really detailed to notice a 5% difference. I live in West Tennessee with a 600 ft. driveway with a 10% grade. The 2005 two wheel drive extended cab Tacoma likes to rut up the driveway when pulling a loaded trailer. Wanted more towing capacity and the dual cab. But, the 15 mpg was killing me on a trip to Florida. I was pulling a modified 5x8 trailer with rec-boats and I may just need to stay off the mpg screen. Toyota’s aren’t known for gas mileage. For the right price, I’d still buy a used chin spoiler/air dam to try.

Last edited:
Okay, I may get slammed by the folks on this thread. :) But, maybe it will add to the conversation, if someone else finds this . I recently bought a 2018 4x4 Off-Road Tacoma and I'm thinking about going the other way with AirDam\spoiler since this model didn't come with the spoiler. When I was researching the Tacomas, I could have sworn I saw something on Toyota's website that the spoiler added about one mile per gallon. This is about a 5% increase in gas mileage or $2 a tank. RobEd, now that it's been a year have you noticed a difference?
I hated looking at that thing I pulled it off so quick. I also heard that I got 1 mpg better because of it but it looked ugly to me. But too each their own.

Thanks for the response. Agreed, you’d have to be really detailed to notice a 5% difference. I live in West Tennessee with a 600 ft. driveway with a 10% grade. The 2005 two wheel drive extended cab Tacoma likes to rut up the driveway when pulling a loaded trailer. Wanted more towing capacity and the dual cab. But, the 15 mpg was killing me on a trip to Florida. I was pulling a modified 5x8 trailer with rec-boats and I may just need to stay off the mpg screen. Toyota’s aren’t known for gas mileage. For the right price, I’d still buy a used chin spoiler/air dam to try.
Now I feel bad if I still had it I would've just given it to you. I didn't think anyone liked them lol

I get a few more smiles per gallon with my air dam off, but it’s still in the shed. If you want it you can have it but you gotta come to AZ to get it. [emoji23]

11274.jpg

Back