Front diff trouble

OffroadTaco4x4

So my front diff on my 08 Tacoma was leaking last summer so I had it re build and paid 550 bucks for that. Now I was just driving down the road and it started making some weird noises and I could feel it grinding. So I got home and drained the oil from it and it was a weird color grey. So I'm putting new fluid in it and seeing if it is okay, if it's not tho, my question is can I pull my diff and axles out and drive shaft and then put the suspension and drive it around and be fine?

So does that mean I have to take the axles apart and leave the end all bolted in? Will I be okay to drive like that for a while if I have to

Yes you will have to take the end birfield end off and bolt it in. You will be fine driving this way. If you leave the diff in you should find something to plug the axle holes in the diff.

I'm pulling the diff and I guess I will re build it myself this time. He told me something like my truck has a better diff in it than the normal ones, that they only put this diff in a couple trucks. Do you know anything about that?

So after jacking the truck up I found that the passenger side wheel bearing is TRASHED and the driver is not far behind it so I went and picked these up for 200 bucks ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1416875538.740681.jpg

Back