Front mud flaps

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by chris77, Oct 29, 2016.

1. chris77

chris77 Active Member

Hey. Does anyone know of a good sturdy mud flap brand. I don't like the stock ones that flap about they look stupid. I don't want not to have flaps. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

I think husky has some as well as weathertech

I trimmed mine at first, then removed them completely, they suck and just wear away paint on the contact points.............NO I do not have dent or chips in my rocker panels since removing the mudflaps, sliders provide a little protection from rocks thrown by the tires, and it also depends on what tires you run........ I run wrangler authority tires with large voids and like I said, no dents or chips in about 7yrs without flaps

longshore likes this.
  4. TacoKen

TacoKen Well-Known Member

Don't know about your truck but my 2015 4X4 came with rigid mudflaps. I removed them because I lifted the truck a little to put 33" tires on 18" wheels.

5. Garrick

Garrick Active Member

The rigid flaps suck. Driving over any small obstacle they tend to hang up. I removed them from the front of my '15 4x4 and am not bothering replacing them. The rears I left for the benefit of anyone behind me.

longshore likes this.
  6. Tcoma06

Tcoma06 "Hill Billy" Toyota

WeatherTech....
    I have them on the front and rear of my 06 Taco. I love them, fit and finish are perfect.

chris77 likes this.
  7. Jaime

Jaime New Member

I remove all they are to low and ugly

8. longshore

longshore Well-Known Member

I took off the front on my flaps 3013 DCSB, I think it looks better. And yes, they do scratch the paint where they contact the body.