Front Suspension Clunk

Scott Wyman

I need someone out there with a tuned ear to listen to the sound my front end makes when I go through dips in the road. I think the video captured it pretty well.

I couldn't upload the video directly so here's a link to my YouTube video.

Check the front body mounts. Seems they are prone to failure on the earlier (2016/2017) Gen 3 Tacomas. Some folks have replaced them more than once. They seem to self-destruct and allow the front end to bang/clunk on the frame over bumps in the road.

Check the front body mounts. Seems they are prone to failure on the earlier (2016/2017) Gen 3 Tacomas. Some folks have replaced them more than once. They seem to self-destruct and allow the front end to bang/clunk on the frame over bumps in the road.
Aaaaaahhhh. Good call. I'll check those.

I need someone out there with a tuned ear to listen to the sound my front end makes when I go through dips in the road. I think the video captured it pretty well.

I couldn't upload the video directly so here's a link to my YouTube video.

I have 2013 my passenger side does the same, I think its the alignment cams froze, sounds like a rusty door hinge, I would check the alignment bolts for 100ft/pds torque, its been driving me crazy ever since I had new BILSTEIN 4600 struts put in the front its been sqeeking. I hit those alignment bushings/area with a silicone spray goes away temporarily

Back