Fuel

Discussion in '2005 - 2015 Toyota Tacoma' started by lonewolf, Mar 14, 2019 at 3:58 PM.

1. lonewolf

lonewolf Member

I didnt get this beast for fuel mileage but it's better than the GMC 3500 6.0 LT I had before this getting 12 mpg but is 300 ish miles per tank on a 2008 4.0 lt with automatic trans 4 wheel dr about right?

OR17TRD likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bojangles

Bojangles Well-Known Member

Yep

Granted im a prerunner but i also have a lift, an extra 400ish lbs between sliders, front bar, bed cover, blower, and tools.

I averaged 320 the two times i let the gas light come on.

Otherwise i NEVER run below a quarter of a tank.

Mpg will vary with fuel type used (ethanol content really makes or breaks). Also keep your gear boxes filled with synthetic (unless u have a 2009 or above trd sport, those seem to prefer dino in the rear diff due to clutch packs).