Full 3in lift King 2.5 coilovers

Kenny670

So I’ve recently placed an order for the King 2.5 kit that is able to raise 3in front and 1.5 in rear(icon mini pack). I was told to not go the full 3in once installed and stay with 2.5in for best performance. Will .5 of an inch really affect performance for the front shocks?? It’ll most likely be 6-700lbs spring rate. Btw it’s getting tuned and not sure if that’s why I should stay 2.5in and not 3in ‍♂️. Need some inputs.TIA!

2.5 inch is optimal per most vendors for Tacoma trucks. I have Toytec Boss lift front and rear. I am at 3.0 lift but I also have SPC UCAs for better alignment and clearance over stock UCAs. Ride will be better at 2.5 but I have 10 ply tires so ride will always suck regardless of lift.

2.5 inch is optimal per most vendors for Tacoma trucks. I have Toytec Boss lift front and rear. I am at 3.0 lift but I also have SPC UCAs for better alignment and clearance over stock UCAs. Ride will be better at 2.5 but I have 10 ply tires so ride will always suck regardless of lift.
So if I just ignore the vendors and go for full 3”, then what am I really losing with the .5 added to complete 3”? I’m just still wondering why .5 is a difference

Back