Gas mileage decrease after TSB-00-77

B-RI

After the TSB-00-77 update my gas mileage has only been 14-15 mpg. How about everyone else.

The TSB did not affect my gas mileage. Nor did it fix any of the transmission problems I was having?

Is a new Transmission update for 2016 Tacoma... the TC1601, get it done this morning.
The TSB 0077-16 didn't work for me.

Last edited:
I believe they have more than 1 tranny update. After I got mines, I'm noticing a 1 mpg increase. Update fixed the gear hunting and R to D delay.

I've only had one done and I've definitely noticed decreased MPG. I also noticed now every so often I have a very rough downshift when coming to stops. Anyone else have this? I'll be sure to ask for the newest TSB when my next service comes up.

2016 TRD Off-Road DblCab Magnetic Grey Short Bed

I've only had one done and I've definitely noticed decreased MPG. I also noticed now every so often I have a very rough downshift when coming to stops. Anyone else have this? I'll be sure to ask for the newest TSB when my next service comes up.

2016 TRD Off-Road DblCab Magnetic Grey Short Bed

I've had the hard downshift when stopping since I got my truck. It seems to only happen going from second to first, and it causes the brakes to feel inconsistent. Sometimes I think it may all be due to axle wrap though.

Back