Gen 3 Remote Start

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by Bogunn, Oct 4, 2017.

1. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I see it’s no warmer a couple hours to the east either!

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I put my 12 volt solutions remote starter on the 18 Off Road Taco today. 15 minutes start to finish and it works as well as the first.
    I love the 12 volt solutions products.

YEMX1988 and B-Man like this.
  4. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Thinking 'bout doing this myself.

Bogunn likes this.
  5. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

They’re a great add on.

B-Man likes this.
  6. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Been thinking 'bout it when I read your post in another thread........watched a video of the install........looks pretty easy........have to order one before winter sets in I'm thinking!

Bogunn likes this.
  7. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

All you have to do is remove 4 screws (2 in the steering wheel cover and 2 in the lower dash) and pull the panels off and reroute 2 wires. It’s amazingly easy. The guys at 12 volt solutions have a great product.

B-Man likes this.
  8. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

I think even I can do that! LOL Was over at their website checking things out. Gonna have to do this!

Bogunn likes this.
  9. Ivo_58

Ivo_58 New Member

Just installed this on my 2017 Tacoma Sport, wow got to say it was the simplest of upgrades, 25 minutes from watching the video to putting away the two tools I needed away. Programming with the push button start couldn't been easier and it worked great. Only question is if I have the range I need with the factory key fob or if I'll have to spring for the extended range fobs or the cellular version. Great product and I even received a 10% off coupon to purchase.

Bogunn and B-Man like this.
  10. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

Their remote starts are great! Mine works from the house to the garage which is about 50ft. Haven't tried it at longer distances! As you said, easy install....Bogunn convinced me to purchase it.

Bogunn likes this.
  11. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Awesome! It’s definitely a worth while upgrade. I’ve had one two Tacoma’s.
    As far as range, the Toyota fobs aren’t the greatest but you can get about 50 feet no problem.
    When I traded the 17 Sport for the 18 OffRoad the dealership made sure it was part of the deal.
    Now they’re installing them on Tacos from what the salesman I’ve used for the past 15 years told me.

B-Man likes this.
  12. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

12 Volt Solutions has an amazing product. They definitely couldn’t make it any easier or user friendly.

B-RI and B-Man like this.
  13. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Does your 18 have one?

B-Man and Bogunn like this.
  14. OP
    Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

I put one on it about a week after I got it

B-Man and OR17TRD like this.
  15. B-RI

B-RI Well-Known Member

12 volt solutions is completely plug and play. Took me 15-20 mins to install.

Scott Wyman, Bogunn and B-Man like this.
  16. YEMX1988

YEMX1988 Member

Great product! Works great! If you want long distance starting capabilities you have to add the additional product they offer, otherwise it works just as far as your OEM fob works! Get it!

B-Man, Bogunn, B-RI and 1 other person like this.
  17. Jac23

Jac23 Active Member

12v solution Works great. Very easy installed but you need to get the add on for the phone app. Not o oh you can start the car from long distance you can also track your vehicles.. very nice addition to my taco.

B-Man and Bogunn like this.
  18. noelcbrown

noelcbrown New Member

I have a 2018 limited Taco. Which is the name of the company that sells the remote start?

19. B-Man

B-Man Well-Known Member

12Volt solutions.........here's the link.........https://www.12volt.solutions/

OR17TRD and Lil G like this.
  20. Joisey

Joisey Well-Known Member

Or cleaning the existing battery surfaces and contact surfaces in the fob with 100% alcohol. A thin film of oil makes a huge difference. My fob, after cleaning, is good for 150 feet, perhaps a bit more.