General 2016 questions

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by eagleguy, Feb 11, 2018.

1. OR17TRD

OR17TRD Well-Known Member

Paparazzi all over me.

TacoGal and Bogunn like this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

It’s hard being famous. Everyone wants a look at the speeding white Taco.

OR17TRD likes this.
  4. OR17TRD

Just the traffic cams ;)

Bogunn likes this.
  5. t2oconnor

t2oconnor New Member

I'm getting 19.4-19.8 with a '17 DC Sport. The 1st 2 tanks I was only getting in the low 17's. Driving habits have not changed.

OR17TRD likes this.
  6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

t2oconnor likes this.
  7. Rocket tech

Rocket tech Well-Known Member

I get 18-19 in town and 21-22 on the interstate. 2016 TRD Sport 4x4. Bone stock except for soft tonneau on bed.
    Realize that I am now an old man and don't drive like i did my Camaro's or GTO's in the 1970's!

Bogunn, OkieCowboy and OR17TRD like this.
  8. AbsurdBuffalo

AbsurdBuffalo Well-Known Member

I've got the same setup as you, also with a manual, and I average 18 to 19mpg. Shifting around 2ish K. But, I only use 91. Not saying that's it, but I'm sure it helps.

9. krazirob

krazirob Well-Known Member

Hmmmm I need a fill up tomorrow anyways. I’ll throw in 93 octane and see if that makes a difference. I was sure hoping I didn’t need it as my last car had to have it and it shows in the bank. Haha.

OR17TRD likes this.
  10. OR17TRD

Let us know your findings. I’m interested.

11. Qwiksndmn

Qwiksndmn Active Member

I’ve only ever used 87 octane.

12. AbsurdBuffalo

AbsurdBuffalo Well-Known Member

I dunno, it's like maybe $6 (.30 cents X 20 gallons) more per tank?

Just skip your Starbucks/whatever the day you fill up.

Bogunn likes this.
  13. krazirob

krazirob Well-Known Member

Skipping Starbucks is asking a lot. Hahahaha.

But here in Baltimore Maryland it’s about an .60-.80 cents increase. So two Starbucks coffees. Lol

But either way I’m gonna give it a shot in two tanks and reset my mpg and see what comes of it.

OR17TRD and Bogunn like this.
  14. KFerg0097

KFerg0097 New Member

Dang! that is really sad! I get 19-21 around home and 23 on the highway and I have a 2016 TRD OR MT with BFG tires, everything else stock. And I drive 80 usually on the interstate here in the mountains of NC. LOL!

Bogunn likes this.
  15. Scott Rittiger

Scott Rittiger New Member

I have noticed that the higher octane yields better MPG. The first tank of fuel was supplied by the dealer and if I was a betting man I would bet it was not 93 octane. That tank of fuel I only got 17.4 MPG out of it, the second tank I filled it with 91 octane and I achieved 19.8 MPG. All of the following fill ups have been 91 or better and the the best MPG I have recorded was 20.8. I suppose I will need to fill up on 87 octane again and compare the results. My truck is a completely stock 2017 limited double cab 5’ bed that I drive cautiously with most of its 2200 miles spent on cruise control. I am slightly disappointed with the Tacoma’s gas mileage but it’s better than the 2008 Honda Ridgeline that it replaced.

16. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Do you know if 93 is ethanol free? If so that’s where your better MPGs are coming from.

Bogunn likes this.
  17. Scott Rittiger

Scott Rittiger New Member

Good question! I would not think so but I will look the next time....

whippersnapper02 likes this.
  18. FRANKCRAWFORD

FRANKCRAWFORD Active Member

I just hit 3500mi stock 2017 dcsb off road 4x4 auto. Early on i was getting 15mpg combo city/hwy. Now i get 17 with all city and 19 hwy. 87 octane.also Shifting is much better than when i first got it.

19. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Dead on. The nearest place for me to get it is 40+ miles away or I’d give it a shot to see the difference.

whippersnapper02 likes this.