Gooey Residue of CRC Treatment: '09 Taco

Chip

At the dealer for another issue, the service rep informed me of a frame-rust recall. They applied a rust prevention treatment they called CRC, which is technically Noxudol OS. It's been a month since they applied the CRC, and it is still gooey. Every time I touch the underside of the truck, I get the black goo on my hands, and half the time, on my clothes, too.

So, questions:
  1. Does this stuff ever harden?
  2. If not, does it wash off over time?
  3. Is there a better way to get it off?
At this point, I regret having CRC applied.

Sorry if this has been discussed in the past. I'm new here and search didn't find anything.

I think the outer layer will crisp up a bit. They put some of this on my truck back in the spring. I don't get the rust prevention treatment though. I get a new frame. Only a 2 year wait. LOL

At the dealer for another issue, the service rep informed me of a frame-rust recall. They applied a rust prevention treatment they called CRC, which is technically Noxudol OS. It's been a month since they applied the CRC, and it is still gooey. Every time I touch the underside of the truck, I get the black goo on my hands, and half the time, on my clothes, too.

So, questions:
  1. Does this stuff ever harden?
  2. If not, does it wash off over time?
  3. Is there a better way to get it off?
At this point, I regret having CRC applied.

Sorry if this has been discussed in the past. I'm new here and search didn't find anything.
Did you ask the service advisor that did it? I’ve never used it. I’m interested in knowing more about it.

The CRC treatment was applied 8/23. I went under the truck to retrieve a hide-a-key after I locked myself out two days ago, and I came out with gooey black on my hands. Fortunately, it wipes off pretty easily and cleans well with soap and water. I believe the Noxudol guy on the phone said it never hardens and is supposed to sort of wash away over time. First, it is supposed to penetrate any exposed metal and make it not rust, then the rest of it can just wash away. It doesn't make sense to me, but I think that's what the guy said. Regardless, it's been four weeks and it is still gooey.

The CRC treatment was applied 8/23. I went under the truck to retrieve a hide-a-key after I locked myself out two days ago, and I came out with gooey black on my hands. Fortunately, it wipes off pretty easily and cleans well with soap and water. I believe the Noxudol guy on the phone said it never hardens and is supposed to sort of wash away over time. First, it is supposed to penetrate any exposed metal and make it not rust, then the rest of it can just wash away. It doesn't make sense to me, but I think that's what the guy said. Regardless, it's been four weeks and it is still gooey.
This would drive me nuts!

My 06 Taco running in northeast road salt for 185,000 miles was coated with chainsaw bar oil under frame. Just spray on 1-2 times a year, $10 harbor freight gun and 1/2 hour of your time. Keeps the undercarriage rust free, stay away from the breaks.

Back