Got new tires now I get a shake

kraftmatic

I bought some new 285/75 r16 goodyear wrangler duratracs and now I get a vibration in the steering wheel when I hit apx 45-50mph and higher, Ive gotten them balanced twice and rotated fronts to the rear and still have vibrations but seems like its more in the seat but still some in the steering wheel.

Any suggestions? ??

Ill have to give a local shop I found that does road force balancing a call tomorrow morning and get it done

I made the mistake of buying a set of Goodyears for my '99 tacoma a few years ago. They couldn't balance them in multiple attempts, so I just put up with the shaking. Them one day driving at 60 mph one of my rear tires suddenly split on the inside sidewall, about 6 inches long. I didn't hit anything, the tire just split open. I'm lucky to be alive. At that point I replaced all four with michelins. It was a huge difference. They were able to balance them with just a couple of small weights, totally smooth ride now. Those goodyears had only a few thousand miles on them. Goodyear might make good tires for nascar, but not for the average driver.

If I didn't just spend 1000 $ on them I would get some bfgoodrich mudterrian km2 255/85 , if they can't balance them ill have to bring them back and get a refund, I had the duratracs on a dodge ram a year ago and they were awesome.

Duratracs aren't bad tires. Offroad traction is excellent but they aren't very good on wet pavement and they cup. I have about 40K miles on my Duratracs and I could easily get another 10K out of them.

I love the off-road traction, I want to get some narrower 33" tires, some the little 4cyl can push easier

You need to get an Alignment done when ever changing and upsizing any tires and rims from stock,problem solved!!!

You've got a balance problem. if you feel it in the steering wheel its one or both of your front tires, if you feel it in the seat of your pants its your rear tires. I've been a mechanic for 35 years. some tires are just hard to balance. And it could also be the idiot balancing them.

Back