Group Buy: Mongoose Pro Toyota official diagnostic cable

Loginfailed

Hello all,

There is a group buy we are trying to get going over on the Tacomaworld forums. This is for the official certified diagnostic and programming cable that the Toyota dealer technicians use. With this cable, in conjunction with the Toyota Techstream software, you can do anything a dealer technician can do. Including advanced vehicle diagnostic, changing settings, reprogramming modules, programming keys.... Anything the dealer can do. More information can be found in the original post pasted in below.

Original MSRP $495 shipped
Tunertools regular price $482 Shipped
10-14 participants $425 shipped
15 participants $400 shipped

I asked @Nathan if it was OK to cross-post it here to see if we could generate a bit more interest. This group buy is not affiliated in any way with tacomaforum.com. If anyone has any questions about the group buy, I can try to coordinate with the OP, Tacocat and answer them here, or if you have an account on Tacomaworld, you can participate in the original thread over there.

Thanks for looking,

Dwayne (@Loginfailed)

Original thread:
https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/group-buy-feeler-mongoose-pro-toyota-mfc.464141/

Original Post:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After having some technical difficulties with Toyota service department recently, I became interested in purchasing a Mongoose Pro cable http://www.drewtech.com/mongoose/toyota2.html. I contacted one of the resellers of the Drew Technologies J2534, Tunertools http://tunertools.com/drew-tech-mongoose-pro-toyota-!!-mfc-j2534-pass-thru.html, and received a positive response. The info they gave me is as follows:

Regular price on site is $482
If we can get 10 people to purchase, they would be willing to do $425 shipped.
If we can get 15 people to purchase, they will drop the price to $400 shipped.
If we can do even more than 15, they would have to evaluate possibly even shaving a little more off.
I am not sure what "shipped" means, if that is CONUS, or CONUS + AK + HI, and also not sure if they do INTL orders. I can ask and see.

This is the real cable, not the cheap knock-off that may or may not destroy your ECU or install malware on your laptop (I don't want to take that chance). It interfaces with Toyotas techstream software. Techstream is available in two day subscriptions (professional diagnostic is $55 for two days of use). See more info here and here. The software appears to be windows based only (I read Windows 7 to 8.1, but if it supports 8.1, I think it should support 10 as well but YMMV), so if you have a mac, you may need to run parallels or bootcamp or borrow someones windows system for a weekend :). From what I am told, this cable will only work with Toyotas. So if you wanted to work on your wifes Ford Explorer, or your brother in laws Chevy Silverado, then they are SOL.

I know there are lots of people who hate the stealerships, so this would be a great way of pretty much avoiding them all together (unless you want free leafs or undercoating, I don't think techstream can do that through the OBDII port :)). If you are interested and want to pull the trigger, copy the list and add your name. At this point I do not have a cutoff, so let's see how many we can get to commit to this.

Edit 8 Dec: Got a reply from Tuner Tools. They said the free shipping only covers CONUS, but if any buyers outside CONUS are interested, they would gladly quote shipping. They said pretty much anywhere that USPS or FedEx ships, they should be able to cover. Also, the GB would only be for the toyota cable. If anyone was interested in purchasing extra items (like a different mongoose cable) in addition to the toyota one, they may be able to work out a slight discount.

1. @TacoCat
2. @Loginfailed
3. @Biscuits
4. @dark vader trd pro
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After having some technical difficulties with Toyota service department recently, I became interested in purchasing a Mongoose Pro cable http://www.drewtech.com/mongoose/toyota2.html. I contacted one of the resellers of the Drew Technologies J2534, Tunertools http://tunertools.com/drew-tech-mongoose-pro-toyota-!!-mfc-j2534-pass-thru.html, and received a positive response. The info they gave me is as follows:

Regular price on site is $482
If we can get 10 people to purchase, they would be willing to do $425 shipped.
If we can get 15 people to purchase, they will drop the price to $400 shipped.
If we can do even more than 15, they would have to evaluate possibly even shaving a little more off.
I am not sure what "shipped" means, if that is CONUS, or CONUS + AK + HI, and also not sure if they do INTL orders. I can ask and see.

This is the real cable, not the cheap knock-off that may or may not destroy your ECU or install malware on your laptop (I don't want to take that chance). It interfaces with Toyotas techstream software. Techstream is available in two day subscriptions (professional diagnostic is $55 for two days of use). See more info here and here. The software appears to be windows based only (I read Windows 7 to 8.1, but if it supports 8.1, I think it should support 10 as well but YMMV), so if you have a mac, you may need to run parallels or bootcamp or borrow someones windows system for a weekend :). From what I am told, this cable will only work with Toyotas. So if you wanted to work on your wifes Ford Explorer, or your brother in laws Chevy Silverado, then they are SOL.

I know there are lots of people who hate the stealerships, so this would be a great way of pretty much avoiding them all together (unless you want free leafs or undercoating, I don't think techstream can do that through the OBDII port :)). If you are interested and want to pull the trigger, copy the list and add your name. At this point I do not have a cutoff, so let's see how many we can get to commit to this.

Edit 8 Dec: Got a reply from Tuner Tools. They said the free shipping only covers CONUS, but if any buyers outside CONUS are interested, they would gladly quote shipping. They said pretty much anywhere that USPS or FedEx ships, they should be able to cover. Also, the GB would only be for the toyota cable. If anyone was interested in purchasing extra items (like a different mongoose cable) in addition to the toyota one, they may be able to work out a slight discount.

1. TacoCat
2. loginfailed
3. Biscuits
4. dark vader trd pro

Back