Guess...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by B.C., Jun 22, 2020.

1. B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Who can guess what this is? ;) 20200622_134046.jpg

tooter likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. tooter

tooter Well-Known Member

kinda reminds me of a suzuki, but i doubt it is.

B.C. likes this.
  4. OP
    B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Close T.
    Pretty sure that Suzuki actually built it, then it was rebadged.

tooter likes this.
  5. cpomike13

cpomike13 Member

Suzuki, or isuzu. Then flare on top the fenders look like an Isuzu

Scott Wyman, tooter and B.C. like this.
  6. OP
    B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Actually I didn't know that there was such a thing as a Geo Tracker before yesterday.
    Well I bought myself a 1997 Geo, sight unseen, and plan to get it running, but some mud tires on it, and use it as a trail ride, because its small and light. It should fit where big rigs can't go, and if stuck, be easy to pull out. I used to have a Wrangler, sold it 3 years ago, and been wanting something smaller.
    The seller has told me it has serious problems, including a blown head gasket, and more. When I get it trailered home, first thing is yank the engine and transmission, and rebuild them.
    It might be ready for summer 2021 trail ride season. I plan to remove the rear roof, and leave it off permanently, for that open air experience.
    Somehow in the future, figure out how to attach two winches, front and rear, so I can pull it forwards or backwards, since I have two 8,000 lb Mile marker winches off my jeep.

Scott Wyman and tooter like this.
  7. OP
    B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Google pics to show how the top comes off.
    It will be black when I am done.
    Painted with rattle cans, for easy touch up if flopped on its side, hits a tree, rocks, and anything else that is possible to be run into. unnamed (2).jpg

RonFad, Series6 and tooter like this.
  8. OP
    B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20200622-161022_Chrome.jpg

tooter likes this.
  9. OP
    B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Look at the weight, 2339 lbs, and tiny size, is what makes them so good offroad. The old suzuki, basically its twin, is popular around here. I'll be cutting weight off of it, then adding weight via bumpers, tires, winches, second battery, and such. Should be around 2600 lbs ready to roll. Hit stuff hard and fast, get high centered just push it off, or drag it off with a winch. Stuck in a hole, no worries, easy to pull out. It was annoying to see the cheap little rear wheel drive things going, where my jeep couldn't.

10. tooter

tooter Well-Known Member

sounds like it will be a buggy

B.C. likes this.
  11. OP
    B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

After i regear it nice and low, use a sawzall on the fenders, and put some very aggressive tires on it, should be fun. I only paid 500, but will spend 350 hauling it here on a backhaul a flat deck is making next week, and probably 10k on parts, a lot of shop time, it should be fun.

12. tooter

tooter Well-Known Member

sounds like a really fun project, M!

Scott Wyman and B.C. like this.
  13. OP
    B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

I'm excited!
    I love having a beater to smash around in. I hated it when I banged up my brand new Jeep...this thing I would laugh.

14. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

Keep is updated with photos as you build. Cant wait to see the finished project.

tooter, B-Man and B.C. like this.
  15. OP
    B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Will do Scott.
    Be patient, I have a lot of stuff that is a priority, so this will be as time allows ;)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
    Scott Wyman, tooter and B-Man like this.
  16. tooter

tooter Well-Known Member

excellent!

B-Man and B.C. like this.
  17. Scott Wyman

That's fine. I'm not going anywhere.

tooter, B-Man and B.C. like this.
  18. Scott Wyman

Hey Tooter! Loom what I just finished! 20200626_172143.jpeg 20200626_172159.jpeg 20200626_172150.jpeg

B-Man, tooter and B.C. like this.
  19. OP
    B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Nice job Scott!

B-Man and Scott Wyman like this.
  20. tooter

tooter Well-Known Member

holy schnikes, Scott! are you sure youre not a surgeon? its so precise! mine would have looked like a crazy train, haha!

i guess putting on all that carbon fiber detail has honed your skills! :) nicely done!

B-Man, Scott Wyman and B.C. like this.
  21. OP
    B.C.

B.C. Well-Known Member

Crazy can be good to...

B-Man, Scott Wyman and tooter like this.