Guide to different year/trim packages?

bsr

Hi all,
Brand new here, and hoping to get a 2nd gen Tacoma with a 6 foot bed. Does anyone know of other threads that outline the differences between various years and trim packages? I'm interested in some off-road functionality and all that jazz, but just want to be able to narrow down my search a bit by understanding the changes over the years. Appreciate the help, and happy to delete this thread if I can find a resource that lays it out.
Thanks!

If you have a desire to drive off the lot with a more capable Tacoma, get the Off Road. But if you want a four door long bed (DCLB), you can choose between a Sport or an SR5. Other than that, it's up to you what color you like, body style, etc. Don't bother with over priced dealer upgrades except rubber floor mats or rain guards for the windows. Those are about the only upgrades that are fairly priced. Good luck in your search!!

Appreciate the help! I know with the 4Runners, certain years had features like rear E-Locker that had an impact on ability. Any such things to look out for on the Tacomas?

Back