HD signal????

Discussion in '2016 + Toyota Tacoma' started by bburgtaco17, Jan 9, 2019.

1. bburgtaco17

bburgtaco17 Member

Can somone explain to me why my traffic and weather wont work? When I first bought the truck the weather did then shortly after it stopped? Or has anyone else had the same issues 1547075352414.jpeg

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. avnx

avnx Member

I have had mine do that, but I figured it was because I was way out in the county. After awhile it comes back on. Don't know if that is it but I have experienced it.

DML347 likes this.
  4. texasred

texasred Well-Known Member

Your cell phone isn’t connecting? Just a guess.

5. Scott Wyman

Scott Wyman Well-Known Member

The HD comes from radio stations pushing out the HD signals. Where I live the only HD stations are more than 50 miles away so the weather and traffic signals aren't strong enough to register on my radio even though I occasionally get HD music signals. Not to mention they are too far away for me to give a sh*t about their traffic. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    texasred, B-Man, Bogunn and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bogunn

Bogunn Well-Known Member

Use the entune app. Sign in and connect it to your head unit and it will work.
    It will pick up sometimes off of HD stations but they are only in urban areas.

7. OP
    bburgtaco17

bburgtaco17 Member

Thanks this helps alot I do live in a pretty rural area with only 1 HD radio station and its weak most of the time I'll try the entune app

8. JASN

JASN Well-Known Member

My 2014 goes out and won't connect to my phone it comes back on after a few days called Toyota once they sent an update for my entune once it was a pain to upload but it got it online again best of luck.

Scott Wyman, Bogunn and texasred like this.