Head light swap

Discussion in 'Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation' started by Joshuarubin09, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Joshuarubin09

Joshuarubin09 Well-Known Member

I have stock lights and I don't wanna change the whole light, I just want to get some bright lights that fit in the existing stock harness. Any suggestions for really bright lights for head and fog lights? ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1384888163.814061.jpg

2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Negative Nancy

Phillips Extreme for PIAA replacement bulbs. Don't go HID in the stock housing because you will just blind eveyone and light output is worse since it isn't focused to where you need it.

4. OP
    Joshuarubin09

Joshuarubin09 Well-Known Member

Okay cool. They have for both?

5. whippersnapper02

I believe so. I haven't looked myself.

I might go with CSJumper LEDs for the fogs. They are super bright but low enough where you won't blind everyone.

6. Brendan

Brendan Well-Known Member

I want to convert to HID but I'm also going to tint my lights so that I don't blind everyone as whipper said. Can anyone recommend a decent kit?

7. whippersnapper02

Tinting the housing won't do anything except put you back at a lower light output while still blinding people.

I had DDM HIDs on my quad. I had no issues in the 3 years I had then. Their customer service sucks though.

8. Canzono

Canzono New Member

Have u looked into LED? I'm looking at xenon.

9. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Led have a filament like a halogen since the the housing was engineered to control light output via filament?

10. Canzono

Canzono New Member

So....my using LED could potentially work fine in Stock housing Mjp2? Ultimately I need to test one to confirm.

Thx

11. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

I was asking a question, not making a statement about leds.

Do you have a projector?

12. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Im going to take the elevator instead of the stairs, but im going to sprint in place.

13. Canzono

Canzono New Member

14. Mjp2

Mjp2 Well-Known Member

Id assume ur gunna have scatter and blind people.