Help with locks and windows....

Yota4life

Today I went to get a remote start/alarm system put in my truck, before he started to work he told me to roll down the windows and I did. After I turn off the truck, I got out a I noticed my rear driver side window didn't roll down all the way, I didn't think anything of it at the time. As he was finishing installing the alarm, the door locks and windows weren't working. I took a look at the fuse box and none of them were out. I have no clue what it could be.

I would go back to the guy that installed the remote start and complain that the window quit working. He very well could have done something wrong, worth a try.

For all the windows to quit sounds odd. I'm no wiring guru by any stretch of the imagination but you might check whatever device/wiring controls the electricity for the windows to see if it is getting through to the window motors.

Good luck.

I figured out what it was. There was a wire that was bare underneath my door foot trim by my kick panel.... I guess when I was running my sub wires, I accidentally stripped part of it when I drilled a hole for my ground wire.

The thing is, I did my subs in May....so that means I had a short in my windows and locks for about 4 months. It just so happened that it started acting up right as I was getting my alarm installed.

Case closed!!!!

Back