Help with tire size.

2010njtaco

I have a 2010 tacoma trd sport double cab with a icon vehicle dynamics stage 3 lift. Right now i have 265/70r17s on the stock rims. I might be purchasing 275/75/16s and the rims have a -6mm offset. Could anyone give me a head up on the tire or rim size as far as rubbing or anything. Thanks

Ok thank you. Does it make a difference if im going from 265/70/17 to 285/75/16 with the wheel being an inch smaller?b

16" will be fine. I bought my 07 in Dec. 14 with 16" factory wheels . My buddy had 17" sport factory that he gave me.

If you get 16" rims, just make sure that whoever balances the tires places the tape weights on all 4 rims to allow for proper tire rotations. From personal experience, those front calipers don't leave much space with my stock 16" rims.

Now I'm no mechanic, but I'll take a beer and look at your truck anyway...

Last edited:
Just get the offset rims spacers are a no no on tacos the hub does notnline up well on the axle and causes the rim to hop around

Just get the offset rims spacers are a no no on tacos the hub does notnline up well on the axle and causes the rim to hop around
Have you run spacers on any Toyota yet?I put 188,000 on my FJ no problems wheeled it often. So far on the Taco no issues only 5,000 on it from me.

Some of the rubs look a bit awkward, but the main ones are obvious.
ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1426797992.861996.jpgImageUploadedByTaco Forum1426798010.568376.jpg

Now I'm no mechanic, but I'll take a beer and look at your truck anyway...

Mine fit great on the hubs , a bit of thread lock, torqued no problems. What brand did he use? Were they installed correctly?

Back