Help!!!

Yota4life

I was looking around my truck just now and I saw in the fuse box a little red switch looking thing, what is it? Also why do I have a 4wd fuse when I have a 2wd truck? Thanks.ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1372437830.208370.jpg

Does the wiring look factory? Cant tell in the pic but the switch doesn't since it's not mounted.

As for the fuse, something else must run off of it also is all I can figure.

A better thread title would be helpful.

Previous owner added something. Only the maniac building the bomb knows what everything does.

Yeah, the title could be better...

My parents were the first owners and I know for sure they didn't do anything to it, so that's out if the question.

I also don't think that Toyota would've put an alarm switch behind the panel if a fuse box.

Haha! I would follow the wires to see where they go. I don't remember Toyota's alarm having a programming button but I could be wrong. Alarms are a dealer installed option so the components can end up anywhere.

HellaNella420 you seem to have been right. My Dad never informed me that he got an aftermarket security system in it the day he got it from the dealer. I never even knew that he did this.

As for the fuse for my "4wd" I'm still wondering....

Is it a kill switch? Try flipping it and see if the truck starts

Who would have installed it? Can you trace the wires back?
-TG

Whenever I flip the switch when the engine is on, you can hear a noise then it revs just a little bit and the truck dips forward cause of the rev.

Back