Help!

Soulges22

I used the parking brake in my 01 taco and I forgot to turn it off and I drove not even a half mile before I turned it off and now I have a check engine light on! If anyone has any advice on what could be wrong please respond

Get a hold of a code reader and see what the code is. If the parking brake didn't hold then you may need a new set of shoes for the rear.

I just got the codes there p1130 and p1135. That's the air fuel sensor circuit range/ performance , and the air fuel heater circuit response. I don't know what either of them mean I just saw it on a website. Are these expensive things to fix, and can I drive the truck before I get them fixed?

Disconnect the battery (-) for like 5 min. Put your foot on the brake. Then hook it back up. This should erase the code, so have the written down and saved. Run the truck till the light come on again and try to get it read ASAP. Could be something as simple as an o2 sensor. My 01 has one in front and back or the cat. It gave me a head ake trying to figure out what it actually was because one code caused another. Ended up replacing both o2 sensors and my cat as well.
Anyways sensors can be a pain! I check and then erase then check again. 200k on my 01 and if I treat her bad she will talk back to me with a check my engine light. A lot of time it's nothing. Just old and crotchety. Good luck. Get a good Toyota mechanic with up to date code readers for your truck.

Back