Hi lift jack

Deisel88

Anyone know if you can use a hi lift jack on a tacoma without steel bumpers or rock sliders? My stock jack won't come close to lifting my truck with a 3" lift

Anyone know if you can use a hi lift jack on a tacoma without steel bumpers or rock sliders? My stock jack won't come close to lifting my truck with a 3" lift

Where are you jacking from, the bottle jack that came with my 13 is plenty talk to get to the bottom of the axle with my 32s

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1439549878.045420.jpg
Hooks and yellow straps are for lifting at the wheel not going help if you need that one off with a flat!!! The other one has the chain. Might be long enough to hook around the rear near the frame? This is one of the problems with everyone wanting a higher truck. Cheap spacer Add a Leaf lift, or even actually spending the money building a solid front suspension then leaving the factory "look" on the bumpers! Get a flat and then oh **** who do I lift it! Also look for other jacks besides High Lift.

View attachment 6444
Hooks and yellow straps are for lifting at the wheel not going help if you need that one off with a flat!!! The other one has the chain. Might be long enough to hook around the rear near the frame? This is one of the problems with everyone wanting a higher truck. Cheap spacer Add a Leaf lift, or even actually spending the money building a solid front suspension then leaving the factory "look" on the bumpers! Get a flat and then oh **** who do I lift it! Also look for other jacks besides High Lift.
What if they gave a hitch. Do you think it's possible to lift the rear enough to change a flat. Just a thought.

I'd bet factory Jack works under the rear axle on either side! The real problem here lies in people doing whatever lift they choose. Then taking the truck off road getting a flat or tire rolling off the rim. Try jacking up the truck 15 miles off a paved road on the side of a mountain with the the factory bottle Jack ! LMFAO ! Good luck "4wheelers"!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1439563716.682665.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1439563716.682665.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 42

You might be able to put the hi lift in the tube of the hitch... Not sure if I personally would do it, but it's possible, not really sure how you could jack the front end...

ImageUploadedByTaco Forum1439609032.894942.jpg
Remember non after market bumper people this, you've got no protection on your corners AT ALL! **** ass aluminum frame rail to frame rail big deal ! One offset corner hit on a 100 lbs. deer and your doing $2500 plus in damage ! HaHa so **** the supercharger and protect your ass and your families with some steel !

View attachment 6463
Remember non after market bumper people this, you've got no protection on your corners AT ALL! **** ass aluminum frame rail to frame rail big deal ! One offset corner hit on a 100 lbs. deer and your doing $2500 plus in damage ! HaHa so **** the supercharger and protect your ass and your families with some steel !

On my 13 the aluminum brace is about 6" shorter on each side...

Back