High Milage Tacoma

Discussion in 'General Tacoma Discussion' started by dmaples, Jul 31, 2020.

1. dmaples

dmaples Member

I have a 2011 Tacoma TRD Sport with 117,000 miles and plan on pulling a 3,500 pounds camper with it. Has anyone had experience with this? Would you trust doing this on long trips? I have always kept the maintenance up to date.

Cape taco likes this.
  2. Avatar

Tacoma Forum Sign Up!

Join TacomaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota truck fan? If so we invite you to join TacomaForum.com. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Tacoma Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Toyota Tacoma fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Tacoma you'll find that TacomaForum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TacomaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. cpomike13

cpomike13 Member

I have a stock 2014 4x4 taco, the only improvement was (the previous owner) put on the front suspension, all around Bilson shocks, and wheels from a 2016 off road taco. I towed my sons 2004 Ford Ranger on a Uhaul 2 wheel + 3 adults + alot of boxes in both vehicles, from Vegas to Chino hills Cali. I had no incidents at all, although I definitely could feel a significant load behind me, and I mostly maintained a speed of around 60+ mph. I was quite impressed. Hope that helps.

Cape taco, dmaples and B-Man like this.
  4. lovemytaco35

lovemytaco35 Active Member

If it has the factory tow package (which includes transmission and engine cooler), you should be good. I pull my 4200 lb boat with my ‘15 Tacoma.

Cape taco, Scott Wyman and dmaples like this.
  5. Denver

Denver Member

I hate the way my 2018 DCLB off road tows. It’s constantly changing gears with a 5 by 8 foot trailer and a 4 wheeler on the trailer.
    Gas mileage drops by 4 or 5 miles per gallon towing.
    There is no way I would want to tow a camper with it.

Cape taco and Scott Wyman like this.
  6. Tape

Tape Well-Known Member

Hell yeah I would trust it!

Cape taco, B-Man and Scott Wyman like this.
  7. Cape taco

Cape taco Well-Known Member

As long as the frame and hitch area is not rusted go for it