Hood scoop 2017

I am looking to maybe add a small led light inside the hood scoop. Has anyone on the forum done anything with the hood scoops?? Curious to any other ideas or possibilities out there involving it. Thanks guys/gals.

That's a lot of light. 12 x 5w emitters. Can you have that on when driving on-road?

Of course nothing like this crazy for $52 (not for the hood) bulge: Ebay item 252783572921 (I can't post links yet!

Last edited:
That's a lot of light. 12 x 5w emitters. Can you have that on when driving on-road?

Of course nothing like this crazy for $52 (not for the hood) bulge: Ebay item 252783572921 (I can't post links yet!

Depends on local laws. Some allow, most do not.

So you’re telling me that my +275hp hood skewp truly is absolutely useless?!?! Not to mention creates a massive blind spot when trying to maneuver around obstacles when topping a hill on a tight trail,... maybe I can find a kid who wants to trade hoods around town,... hmmm

I wanna say the 2nd gens did this long ago and it blinded the driver from the reflection on the hood.

So you’re telling me that my +275hp hood skewp truly is absolutely useless?!?! Not to mention creates a massive blind spot when trying to maneuver around obstacles when topping a hill on a tight trail,... maybe I can find a kid who wants to trade hoods around town,... hmmm

Pretty much.

Pretty much.

They do create a pretty good blind spot on some trails and right roads. Why not throw some lights in it to make the dustpan at least feel useful.

I bought this truck for the functional hood scewp and hood skuup alone. Now I hear it isnt functional and it didnt come stock with an led behind it. I've been schammed.

In all honesty, i like the hood scoop and went with this model TRD because of it.

Back