How long did your STARTER last?

Too many variables to consider. They can go in a year or last 10 depending on where the truck lives, how the driver starts the vehicle and how many times the vehicle is started.

My starter started acting up at around 60k miles, but that was just because it had been dunked in mud so much, after a good cleaning it has been good ever since

My starter started acting up at around 60k miles, but that was just because it had been dunked in mud so much, after a good cleaning it has been good ever since

Yes, when I had my 2000 Taco, it was about 50K and I was just wondering
what experience others had with their trucks.

My starter on my 1999 started having problems at about 50 K. I checked it out on some forum back then and was told 1st gens were famous for the pts going bad. I replaced them and everything was fine right up to "FRAME RUST" ended her life.
There was even a place on the Internet (do a search) that sold replacements (heavy duty) for about $5.00 bucks.
They also had directions on how to put them in, witch didn't take more than 20 minutes (guessing).

2000 Tacoma, just turned over to 200,047 miles... no issues I'm happy to report with starter...toyota tough I reckon....:thumbsup:

No starter issues on my last few Toyotas. My last one (2004) had 109k when I sold it and it still had the original battery & belts.

180,000 for my 94' Tacoma and now at 275,000 and no starter problems.
A few Batteries but fully understandable here in the Southwest. Go Toyota !

I replaced the starter on my first Tacoma (1998 xtra cab 4x4) at about 130k. My current truck has 101k on it and no problems as of now, but I rarely drive it anymore.

Back