I got a check from

dwayne.surrat

I got a check from Toyota today for 17,005 for my 2010 Tacoma if I buy a new one Toyota has any one else got one?

I got a check from Toyota today for 17,005 for my 2010 Tacoma if I buy a new one Toyota has any one else got one?

What's the KBB value on your 2010?

Is it a check from Toyota or from a particular dealership?

Toyota does once in awhile have a buy back die to rust/corrosion issues. Last one I think they gave 150% of the KBB value.

So if your truck according to the KBB was say 10K then Toyota gave you 15K towards a new or certified Toyota.

But sometimes it's just some dealership gimmick. I get them all the time from Chevy and Nissan.

That's definitely a "dealership" marketing program. Not a Toyota buy back.

What's the Kelly blue book value on your truck. If they're giving a few thousand more than the "excellent" value it may be worth checking out.

You gotta know all your numbers anytime you walk into a dealership.

And if you do/are going to purchase a new truck/vehicle, the only number that matters is your: OUT THE DOOR NUMBER.

Doesn't matter how much below sticker/dealers invoice. You want to know the number all inclusive. Taxes, fees, inspection sticker, plates, etc..

OUT THE DOOR NUMBER - $$$ - How much you're writing the check for $$$.

That OUT THE DOOR number should ALWAYS be below MSRP

And if you were trading it in and getting newer one from dealer and your truck is in good shape and miles are right you can get way more than that 17k. Taco price and values are thru the roof, only see jeeps hold value like these do

Honestly, I drive that 2010 Tacoma till the wheels popped off. They buy another Toyota! I have 180,000 on my 09 Tacoma and have no intention of selling anytime soon. Prices for new cars and trucks are nuts :((

That's definitely a "dealership" marketing program. Not a Toyota buy back.

What's the Kelly blue book value on your truck. If they're giving a few thousand more than the "excellent" value it may be worth checking out.

You gotta know all your numbers anytime you walk into a dealership.

And if you do/are going to purchase a new truck/vehicle, the only number that matters is your: OUT THE DOOR NUMBER.

Doesn't matter how much below sticker/dealers invoice. You want to know the number all inclusive. Taxes, fees, inspection sticker, plates, etc..

OUT THE DOOR NUMBER - $$$ - How much you're writing the check for $$$.

That OUT THE DOOR number should ALWAYS be below MSRP

Really? I've been getting screwed all these years?

I've got a 2007 TRD extended cab with 201,000 kms on it (yes kilometers, I'm in British Columbia) and the dealer has said it's worth around $9,000 to $11,000 on a new Tacoma. BTW, mine is in beautiful condition but they always use the high km's as a reason to low ball.

I'm going to use your "out the door" question next time and see what happens.

Back